Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ripped the lining of my stomache 5 days ago and my stomache feels like its on fire! What can i do to stop it?

20 fem...Please suggestions greatly appreciated....5 days ago I was in the ER for vomting blood they told me I ripped the lining of my stomache and that it should heal in 4 or less days...I did everything they told me but my stomache is still burning really bad and now its doing this quiver thing...sorry can't explain that to well I also keep having some nasty acid reflux they told me know greasy spicey foods and do a clear liquid diet. I have and I still feel bad!

Answer on Ripped the lining of my stomache 5 days ago and my stomache feels like its on fire! What can i do to stop it?

When you have an open wound in your stomach, it's gonna hurt like hell. Essentially you're pouring hydrochloric acid on a cut and poking it. The stomach produces acid naturally even if you don't eat anything, so it'll burn a ton when it hits the laceration. You should try a proton pump inhibitor to reduce the amount of acid production (Zantac, Prevacid, Prilosec), or you can just take Tums or Maalox (which help neutralize the acid) every so often (as often as the bottles say you can) and see if any improvement occurs. If not, I'd call your doctor or go back to the ER, because it might not be healing (and just turning into a nasty ulcer).